– Awarded Certificate for being a founder member of Starehe Girls’ Centre.
– Certificate of Recognition for being a Founder member of Association of Microfinance Institutions (AMFI) in Kenya.
-Awarded Certificate of contribution to National Development, to mark the 25 years of independence in Kenya.
-Distinguished Leadership Award for outstanding service to education for women by the American Biographical Institute.
-Appointed to the Public Universities Inspection Board to advise Government’s strategy on streamlining of Higher education (completed its works)
-Appointed to the 2030 Vision Steering Committee.
-Awarded Moran of the Burning Spear (MBS) by the Government of Kenya for contribution to National Development
-Appointed to the Dakar Declaration Steering Committee to advise UNCDFon the African Strategy
-Requested/invited to deliver key-note address at the Harvard Business School Annual African Business Conference.
Appointed the Ambassador for HP to represent the company in the Build African Schools project.
– Included in 2009/2010 – “WHO’S WHO” of Business Leaders and Professional Registry.
– Received 2009 CCA Business Excellence Award for Financing.
– Awarded “Distinguished Pure and Natural Woman Award for my natural grace and Commitment to my work and being a pure role model and a source of inspiration to women all over the world.
– Received “Leadership Excellence Award” from Women World Banking
– Awarded the “Trail Blazer Award by Marketing Society of Kenya.
– Awarded “Champion of Democracy” by the Ford Foundation New York.
– Entrepreneur of the Year (East Africa)
– Global Entrepreneur of the year Award (Ernst & Young)
– Awarded “Most Outstanding Businesswoman of the year Award” by Africa
Economy Builders’ Award.
– Awarded The Lifetime Achievement Award in Financial Services, country winner
and Regional Winner at the Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business &
Government awards 2015.